SPEC Consulting, LLC
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the SPEC team, you would be developing and reviewing civil technical deliverables required for industrial sites. This includes general site grading and containment design for tanks and equipment, as well as permit preparation and coordination at the local, State, and Federal levels. As part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers, you would also assist structural engineers with foundation design for pumps, tanks, pipe supports, and other industrial structures and well as shop drawing review as needed. This position is responsible for the development of the overall civil design, including design criteria, parameters and concepts, code interpretations, permitting, storm water, civil modeling, calculations, specifications, and provide on-going support to our other internal engineering disciplines. Our engineers also provide clients with on-site construction management assistance during installation and commissioning, and you will have the opportunity to visit client sites. The position would also include some project management responsibilities for small-scaled projects.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A BS or higher Civil/Structural Engineering
- Consulting or plant engineering experience in petrochemical or other industrial facilities or industries is preferred.
- Committed self-starter with ability to work independently to meet project schedules and goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge of civil engineering software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, ComCheck) is preferred but not required.
- Project scheduling and MS Project is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
- Take & pass a background check, DOT drug & alcohol testing and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain EIT & PE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com