SPEC Consulting, LLC
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the SPEC team, the Permit Coordinator must be knowledgeable of and able to investigate various local, state and federal permits / approvals and interpret regulations. In addition to permitting, you would be developing the technical deliverables required for industrial sites and structures such as towers, pipe supports, pipe racks, tanks, vessels, process skids, foundations, grading plans and storm water design. This position works with the multidisciplinary SPEC engineering team on identifying necessary permits / approvals and is responsible for the planning, delivery, management, and coordination of project permits / approvals; as well as supporting the development of overall design including concepts, criteria, code interpretations, models, calculations, and specifications.
- Lead the permitting process for assigned projects including preparation of required project permits/approvals, preparation of permit applications and packages, submitting and tracking permit application packages, monitor & document the various stages of the permit approval process, provide updates to clients/internal staff, meet deadlines. As well as lead efforts at public hearings and regulatory review meetings with local planning, zoning, and site plan reviews.
- Work with local project permitting expeditors and lead communications and work scope with local, county, state, and federal authorities for project permit and regulatory reviews and approvals.
- Perform research, update filing requirements for projects in various jurisdictions and maintain a data base of critical jurisdictional decision makers.
- Keep apprised of continuously changing regulations and notify staff accordingly.
- Work on multiple projects at once; must be able to maintain organization of documents.
- Assist in Civil Engineering services such as but not limited to developing technical deliverables for grading plans, storm water, pipe supports, etc.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A BS or higher Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Consulting or plant engineering experience in petrochemical or other industrial facilities or industries is preferred along with the ability to analyze complex codes and ordinances. Knowledge of N.P.D.E.S. permit program is a plus.
- Committed self-starter with ability to work independently or with a team to meet project schedules and goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be well organized.
- Must be able to prioritize large lists of duties and complete according to project schedule.
- Speak well and articulate in front of clients and regulators.
- Ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Willingness to travel: up to 20%, variable as project requirements dictate.
- Knowledgeable in office productivity software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge of engineering software (HydroCAD, AutoCAD) is preferred but not required.
- Project scheduling and MS Project is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
- Take & pass a background check, DOT drug & alcohol testing and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain EIT & PE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org