SPEC Consulting, LLC
SPEC is looking for a motivated electrical engineer with well-rounded skills in instrumentation, control, power design and programming. We are looking for candidates interested in developing a long-term career working in a high energy, team-focused environment that is committed to serving our clients to the best of our combined abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of electrical engineering design and specification, with a focus on instrumentation, controls, and PLC programming.
- Prepare instrumentation and controls deliverables for different design phases based on P&ID’s, specifications, standards, codes, and client input.
- Develop initial concepts and scope of work.
- Perform calculations.
- Lead detailed design development and supervise designers.
- Provide quality checks.
- Prepare construction cost estimates and provide engineering support during construction and startup efforts.
- Some project related travel is required.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a design engineering role as well as experience managing or directing the work of designers for industrial, manufacturing, and facility projects including the following:
- Experience with key duties and responsibilities described above.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering areas, such as: instrumentation, controls, or PLC programming.
- NY PE license or ability to obtain.
- Focused capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and collaborate across multi-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Takes ownership of assignments; can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of PLC logic and PLC Scada software.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Experience with the following skills is a plus for a strong candidate:
- Engineering design and specification of power and distribution systems.
- Motor controls and energy conservation projects.
- Lighting, lighting control systems, and grounding.
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D, AutoCAD Electrical, CADWorx.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org