SPEC Consulting, LLC
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, organize, execute, and coordinate engineering assignments for clients, primarily in the fuel and chemical distribution and manufacturing industries.
- Act as the primary contact between key clients and consulting firm.
- Foster relations with existing clients and develop new client contacts.
- Perform engineering design for client projects including but not limited to piping systems, pump hydraulics, tank and vessels, heat transfer equipment, controls equipment, and process equipment.
- Develop project deliverables for clients including PFDs, P&IDs, Heat and Mass Balances, Basis of Design, Schedules, Project Estimates, Bid Documents, Equipment Specifications, etc.
- Plan and organize project work for multidisciplinary team including electrical designers, mechanical designers, civil/structural designers, procurement and administrative staff supporting those assignments.
- Research, design, and specify equipment, controls, and processes for chemical, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, and other industrial systems.
- Provide on-site construction management assistance during installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and related systems.
- Manage junior and mid-level engineers.
- Travel required and dependent on project and client needs.
15+ years of experience with the key duties and responsibilities described above is desired. Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A BS or higher in Chemical Engineering.
- Consulting or plant engineering experience in petrochemical or other industrial facilities or industries.
- A desire to develop and implement growth opportunities.
- Committed self-starter with ability to work independently to meet project schedules and goals.
- Ability to apply engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects, such as piping engineering, pipe stress analysis, pump hydraulic calculations, sizing and specification of pumps, heat transfer calculations, and sizing and specifications for process equipment.
- Experience in fuel and chemical storage and distribution facilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, and Caesar II software a plus.
- Possess PE in the State of Texas.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com