SPEC Consulting, LLC
SPEC Engineering, PLLC is a full-service, multi-disciplinary engineering and design firm specializing in Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Energy related services. Located in the heart of New York’s Capital Region, our Albany office is close to excellent public and private schools, breathtaking mountains and still boasts all the amenities of city living. Engineers based out of our Albany office work with clients on a local, national and international level and have the benefit of partnering with our Houston, Texas branch. SPEC offers competitive salaries, merit-based annual bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with relevant experience in industrial facilities and process-related projects for our expanding Albany, NY office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• All aspects of electrical power and distribution design.
• Prepare proposals, specifications, reports, and technical evaluations.
• Project management –oversee and organize all aspects of projects including staffing, budget and schedule.
• Develop initial concepts and scope of work.
• Perform calculations.
• Lead detailed design development and supervise designers.
• Provide quality checks.
• Prepare construction cost estimates and provide engineering support during construction.
• Some project related travel is required.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 10-15+ years of experience in a design engineering role as well as experience managing or directing the work of designers for industrial, manufacturing, and facility projects including the following:
• Experience with key duties and responsibilities described above.
• A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
• NY PE license or ability to obtain.
• Experience with medium and low voltage power distribution systems, short circuit analysis, load flow, protective device and arc flash studies.
• Experience with lighting, lighting control systems, and grounding.
• Experience with motor controls and energy conservation projects.
• Experience with instrumentation control wiring and PLC’s is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• AutoCAD experience is not required but is considered a plus.
• SPEC offers a full benefits package
• Excellent 401k matching program
• Generous paid vacation and sick time
• Paid training
• Opportunity for bonuses
• Highly competitive salary structure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com