SPEC Consulting, LLC
This position is a great opportunity to grow and develop well-rounded skills in instrumentation, control, power design and programming. We are looking for candidates interested in developing long-term career skills and working in a high energy, team-focused environment that is committed to serving our clients to the best of our combined abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of electrical engineering design and specification, including power and distribution design, instrumentation, controls, and programming.
- Prepare proposals, specifications, reports, and technical evaluations.
- Project management –oversee and organize all aspects of projects including staffing, budget and schedule.
- Develop initial concepts and scope of work.
- Perform calculations.
- Lead detailed design development and supervise designers.
- Provide quality checks.
- Prepare construction cost estimates and provide engineering support during construction.
- Some project related travel is required.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a design engineering role as well as experience managing or directing the work of designers for industrial, manufacturing, and facility projects including the following:
- Experience with key duties and responsibilities described above.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering areas, such as: power distribution, instrumentation, controls, or programming.
- NY PE license or ability to obtain.
- Focused capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and collaborate across multi-functional teams.
- Experience with medium and low voltage power distribution systems, short circuit analysis, load flow, protective devices, and arc flash studies.
- Experience with lighting, lighting control systems, and grounding.
- Experience with motor controls and energy conservation projects.
- Experience with instrumentation, panel and PLC design, control wiring, and programming..
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of power analysis and design software such as SKM.
- AutoCAD experience is not required but is considered a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org