SPEC has served the engineering and project management needs of the chemical process industries since our inception. Many of SPEC’s staff have served as Owner’s Engineer in the chemical and specialty material industries. In addition to general chemical process experience, we have developed unique expertise in the processes associated with silicones, plastics, resins, coatings, phenol/formaldehyde, pigments and dyes, electronic materials, and other specialty materials. SPEC has in depth expertise in the design, specification, inspection and regulatory compliance of chemical process systems and components including hot salt / hot oil systems, pressure reliefs, heat exchangers / reboilers, distillation columns, catalyst systems, etc.
SPEC has the experience and capabilities to design, specify, procure, permit, and manage the construction of chemical processing projects. We have provided a broad range of services to the chemical process industry including process design, utility system design, general facility engineering, fire protection design, safety system design, environmental compliance system design, construction support, procurement assistance, and EPC services.
SPEC provides cutting edge design and drafting services using the latest technology. Depending upon the client and project needs, SPEC can provide 3D laser scanning of existing facilities and development of 3D models of existing system with new process components. With our 3D CAD software, we can more easily develop isometric drawings with bills of material for construction, perform clash checking, complete pipe stress analysis of existing and proposed systems and visualize projects, including operation and ergonomic walk through models.
Our chemical facility experience directly translates in other allied industries served by SPEC including emerging technologies, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, and renewable and alternative energy.
- Plastics Compounding, Extrusion, & Packaging
- Silicones Processes
- Dye, Pigment, Paint, & Powder Coatings
- Electronic Materials
- Other Specialty Chemicals / Materials
- Mechanical Integrity of Process Equipment for Owners, Contractors, or Consulting Engineers
- Specialty Relief Valve Calculation and Contingency Review
- Process Safety & Risk Management
- Project Planning and Conceptual Design
- Energy and Mass Balances
- Flowsheets and P&IDs
- FEED – All Disciplines
- Process Evaluation / Optimization
- Feasibility Studies
- Code Evaluations (ASME, API, NFPA)
- Utility System Evaluation & Planning
- Pipe Stress Analysis
- HAZOP Analysis / Risk Assessment
- OSHA Process Safety Management Compliance Services
- Plant Turnaround and Shutdown Support
- Project Construction Cost Estimation
- Local and Environmental Permitting
- Procurement Support
- Construction Management
- Commissioning / Startup Assistance
- Automation System Programming & Integration
- Mechanical Integrity Program Development & Implementation